The Town's Building Department is responsible for issuing building permits for all new building construction and renovations as well as sewage disposal systems.
This department also enforces the towns Property Standards bylaw and Community Standards Bylaw addressing matters such as derelict vehicles and substandard housing.
Our goal is to continue serving our clients in a courteous, professional manner to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the citizens building and occupying structures in the Town of Gravenhurst. For information on Public Safety click here!
Building Code Online links
1. Ontario Building Permit application form.
2. Building permit check lists. General Application Checklist | Electrical Plans Checklist | Applicable Law List | Gravenhurst Development Standards | Waterfront Lots | Rural Lots | Residential Dev | Infil Lots
3. Are your designers certified and registered with the Province of Ontario? BCIN check
4. Ontario Building Code can be purchase at www.orderline.com | MMAH sitemap
5. MNR Work Permit (For water works, docks, and boathouses)
6. DFO Work Permit or Notification for Docks and Boathouses
Check your Property Online... Property Roll Search
Important Notice to Property Owners and Workers
Even if the property owner (employer) is not at their project workplace, labour laws in Ontario still hold them responsible and accountable, as well as workers, to ensure all reasonable steps are taken regarding workplace health and safety pursuant to the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Accidents and penalties can be prevented. Ministry of Labour | Ministry News
Ministry of Labour requires a Notice of Project form be filed. Two examples
1) The project has a total cost of labour and materials expected to exceed $50,000
2) The work is the erection or structural alteration of a building more than two storeys or more than 7.5m high, etc.
Please Contact ML at 1-877-202-0008 or Visit their Website Here for full regulation details.
Ontario Building Code Changes - Effective January 1st, 2012
For More Information, please visit http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page8446.aspx
Please download the following for new residential dwellings with respect to permits applied for after Jan 1, 2012.
ENERGY STAR for New Homes Administrative Procedures
ENERGY STAR Compliance Options
ENERGY STAR for New Homes Technical Specifications
Energy Efficiency Design Summary
Provisional Occupancy Checklist Residential 2012
New Occupancy Requirements
9 25 3 Air Barrier Requirements
Town of Gravenhurst Memorandum Update 2011 01 13
Permit Requirements as it relates to Energy Efficiency
Energy 80 Energy Star Info
Resource Canada Website for Certified Energy Advisors
Click here for 2012 requirements for new buildings.
Ask a Building Code Question | Ontario Building Code Advisors | OBOA | OAA | DFO
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation