Albert Hill Building - Town of Gravenhurst

Albert Hill

Albert Hill Building

Built in 1887, this building was home to former Mayor Albert Hill. . The present building was erected after the Great Fire of 1887. Albert Hill was a noted blacksmith who operated a major livery stable in town. His ironwork is still evidenced by the wrought iron fence around the property. He was also mayor of Gravenhurst from 1913-1914. The house is currently an antique store known as Gadsby's. The building recieved a Muskoka Heritage Foundation Stewardship Award in 2001 and it was added to the Municipal Register in 2012.