Finch House - Town of Gravenhurst

Finch House

Finch House

Finch House resembles (#16) Bethune Memorial House nearby and represents stately accommodation of a bygone era. It was built around 1880 in a 'StickStyle' architecture developed in New England. A one-time resident was a Mr. Thibault, who was once a patient at the local tuberculosis sanatorium. The property was originally part of Dugald Brown's land grant. In 1926, Archdeacon Linsdell purchased the house and passed it along to his daughter May, a local newspaper columnist. Following  her passing, the Griffiths purchased the property and held it as a Bed and Breakfast until 1997. The wood frame house with large bay windows was listed on the Municipal Register in 2012.