Trinity United Church - Town of Gravenhurst

Trinity

Trinity United Church

Trinity United Church was built in 1926 and expanded in 1959. It replaced the Methodist Church originally built on this site in 1877. When the church was rebuilt, help was offered from many different sources. A pulpit was brought in from Wesley Church in Fergus, and Leslie Cain worked as a contractor on the building helping to fit pews and seats. The pipe organ was donated by Dr. W.B. Kendall who was the chief physician of the Muskoka Cottage Sanatorium. The aluminum sculpture and flower beds which adorn the lawn and contribute to Communities in Bloom were created by local community members. The dark brick is highlighted by colourful floral displays each summer.