Click Here to Browse Current Inductees
The purpose of the Gravenhurst Lions Hall of Fame is to advise, assist and make recommendations to Council on matters related to the Gravenhurst Lions Hall of Fame located at the Centennial Centre.
The vision for the subcommittee is to publically recognize Gravenhurst citizens who have achieved or contributed significantly to sport and / or sport development locally and beyond.
All Boards and Committees of the municipality are governed by the same legislation (Municipal Act, Municipal Conflict of Interest Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.) and municipal by-laws, policies, and programs (Procedural by-laws, communications handbook, Code of Conduct etc.).
The GLSFS will accept nominations (bi-annually in conjunction with Community Spirit Awards) for the following categories;
- Individuals who have demonstrated significant local, provincial, national or international achievement in a sport and can confirm that Gravenhurst has been their home.
- Citizens (volunteers, coaches, officials, sponsors etc.) who have made significant contributions to the development and/or sustainability of sport opportunities in Gravenhurst.
- Local Teams that have placed first at provincial, national or international championships.
- Call for applications will be issued simultaneously with the Community Spirit Awards.
- A completed application form indicating eligibility category and detailed description of the inductee's sport qualities, contributions and relationship to Gravenhurst must be submitted for the GLSHF Working Group for review and approval.
- All submissions will be responded to in writing once the evaluation has been completed.
- Approved inductees will be invited to attend an awards ceremony and their achievement will be displayed in the GLSHF.
- Download the Official Nomination Form (PDF).
Gravenhurst Lions Hall of Fame Committee
The Gravenhurst Lions Hall of Fame is a subcommittee of Council and may be responsible for the development and management of the Gravenhurst Lions Hall of Fame located at the Centennial Centre in Gravenhurst.
The Committee will be responsible for managing the display of annual inductee recipients as well as other related items of individual and / or team sport significance for the awareness and enjoyment of visiting patrons.
The Committee is responsible for establishing and reviewing the inductee criteria and process, the sport memorabilia collection and associated management policies.
The Committee will host and induction ceremony every two years.
Learn more by downloading the Official Terms of Reference document (PDF).
Become a Committee Member
Interested in becoming a Committee Member? Contact us today! Call 705-687-6774.
Who We Are
Gravenhurst Lions Club
The Gravenhurst Lions Club has served Gravenhurst with pride since 1946. Our members consist of men and women who share a common vision of working together to better our community. Each of us has pledged to support the Purposes and Code of Ethics of Lions Clubs International. Learn more by visiting the Gravenhurst Lions Club website.
Town of Gravenhurst
Gravenhurst is proud to be home to 11,000 or more permanent year round residents and welcomes a seasonal population of equal size to enjoy the many attractions, hiking and biking trails, parks, beaches, heritage locations and culinary, cultural and artistic pursuits.