Our goal is to serve our clients in a friendly, professional manner to ensure the health, safety and well-being of the citizens building and occupying structures in the Town of Gravenhurst.
The Town's Building Department is responsible for issuing building permits for:
- New construction, demolition, renovations and change of use of buildings.
- Private sewage disposal systems.
Applications - All new construction must comply with the Dark Sky By-law
As of February 19th there are New Requirments for Docks and Boathouses. Please find them here.
- Ensure all new structures conform with the Ontario Building Code and other applicable law.
- Review plans, inspecting construction.
- Conduct maintenence inspections.
- Enforce the Building Code Act.
- Issue orders.
- Report on environmental concerns.
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Muskoka Builders' Association
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry