The following payment options are available for the convenience of our taxpayers:
The Town of Gravenhurst offers two types of pre-authorized payment plans:
- The Installment Due Date Plan. Your regular tax bill is mailed to you as usual, but the amount due is automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the due date.
- The 11-Month Plan. Amortize your taxes over 11 monthly payments instead of just 2.
Through your financial organization; add Gravenhurst Taxes as a new payee, you will be then directed to enter your account number (roll number which begins with 4402)
Please make your cheque payable to: Town of Gravenhurst
Mail to: 3-5 Pineridge Gate, Gravenhurst ON P1P 1Z3
If you require a receipt, please return the entire bill intact and enclose a self addressed stamped envelope. Cheques postdated to the due date will be accepted. All mail is date stamped upon receipt, this will be considered the date of payment.
Bank (A service charge may apply)
- By Telephone or Internet Banking
- By ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
- By Teller (Date of Teller's stamp is date of payment)
Please contact your financial institution for more details. If your bank does not accept a 19 digit account number, the last four digits of your roll number "0000" may be omitted
Payment may be made 24 hours a day at the municipal drop-off box, 3-5 Pineridge Gate, Gravenhurst. Please do not put cash in the drop-off box.
Payment may be made in person at the Town Office, 3-5 Pineridge Gate, Gravenhurst, during regular office hours. We accept cash, cheque or debit card payments.
Tax Due Dates
- Last business day of March
- Last business day of August
- Supplementary or Omitted tax bills are due within 21 days of issue
If you have not received your bill, please contact the Town of Gravenhurst Tax Department immediately. Unfortunately, failure to receive a tax bill does not constitute reason for non-payment.
Interest/Penalty is charged at a rate of 1.25% per month (15% per annum) and is calculated on the first of the month after the due date on the principle amount outstanding, and on the first of every month the default continues.