Requirements for Non Residential Permits - Town of Gravenhurst

Town Hall

Requirements for Non Residential Permits

The following information is required when submitting a permit application for a non-residential building.

Construction Drawings Designer Requirements

  • A qualified and registered designer, architect, professional engineer or a combination thereof, depending on the building description and scope of work
  • The Ontario Building Code (OBC) requires qualified and registered designers who review and take responsibility for design activities to include the following information on any documents submitted to the Chief Building Official:
  1. The name and building code identification number (BCIN) of the registered firm.
  2. A statement that the qualified person has reviewed and taken responsibility for the design activities.
  3. The name and BCIN of the qualified person.
  4. The signature of the qualified person.
  5. Complete Schedule 1 Designer Information form.

Other Approvals

Prior to submitting your building permit, make sure you have any required approvals from other agencies such as but not limited to:

  • Property Ownership - Deeded ownership, conveyance/severance complete.
  • Ministry of Transportation Building Land Use Entrance Permit: 705-789-2391
  • Ministry of Environment
  • Simcoe/Muskoka District Health Unit: 705-684-9090

Shoreline Development

  • Ministry of Natural Resources: 705-645-8747
  • Department of Fisheries and Oceans: 705-746-2196
  • Trent Severn Waterways: 705-750-4900 or 1-888-773-8888

Utilities/Electric and Traffic:

  • Gravenhurst Public Works: 705-687 -3412
  • Hydro One: 1-888-238-2398
  • Veridian Connections: 1-888-445-2881
  • Union Gas: 1-800-400-2255

Municipal Water and Sewer:

  • District of Muskoka: 1-800-281-3483
    • (Signature Required From DMM) 705 645-6764


  • CN Rail: 1-888-888-5909
  • Bell Canada: 1-800-400-2255
  • Gravenhurst Cable: 1-800-267-9000