Gravenhurst Fire Department ‘CO Alarm Giveaway’

Posted On Thursday November 09, 2017
November 9, 2017
Gravenhurst Fire Department ‘CO Alarm Giveaway’
Is Your Family Protected from Carbon Monoxide?
Gravenhurst, ON - Have you had your fuel burning appliance, wood stove or pellet stove inspected, cleaned and serviced by a qualified company in the past two months?  If you answered yes, then you may be eligible to receive a free carbon monoxide (CO) alarm from the Gravenhurst Fire Department.
“Thanks to a very generous donation of carbon monoxide alarms from Nolan Young’s family and the Gravenhurst Home Hardware we have the ability to protect some local families from the potential of carbon monoxide poisoning in their homes,” said Robert King, fire prevention officer. 
If you have had service performed by a qualified company and you can provide a receipt or inspection report that your heating appliance is in good working order, the Gravenhurst Fire Department will give you one of the donated carbon monoxide alarms.  Anyone within the Town of Gravenhurst is eligible.
“The first 25 people who come to see us with their documentation in hand will get a free carbon monoxide alarm to install near the sleeping area in their home in order to protect their family” said King, “after all, only a working and up to date carbon monoxide alarm can save your family from potential carbon monoxide poisoning, just as a working and up to date smoke alarm will provide your family with the early warning needed to safely escape in a fire situation” he added.
For more information, please contact:
Robert King
Fire Prevention Officer - Town of Gravenhurst