Library Card

How do I get a library card?

Bring identification that shows your name and current Muskoka address. If you do not have identification with your current local address please bring:

  • Utility or property tax bill
  • Mortgage or rental agreement
  • Financial or government benefits statement

Fill out an online library card application 

Can a child or young adult obtain a library card?


  • Yes! We want children between the ages of 0 and 12 to have their own library cards.
  • A parent or guardian will have to fill out a form or be present with identification to accept responsibility for all items borrowed on their child's card

Young Adult

  • If you are between the ages of 13-18 you will need to have identification. A current local student card will be acceptable.

What if I don't live here, but I own property?

If you own property in Muskoka you can get a free card.

  • Bring in proof of ownership with your name and address on it and we can get you a card.

What do I do if I've lost my library card?

  • Let the library know right away! You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card.
  • You will pay a $3.00 fee to replace a lost or damaged card.

What is my PIN?

  • Your PIN is your Personal Identification Number. You need your PIN and library card number to access our online services.
  • Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number.

Can I use the Gravenhurst Library if I do not live in Gravenhurst?

Yes you can!

Non Resident

  • Are you a non-resident? A non-resident is someone who does not live in Muskoka or pay municipal property taxes in Muskoka.
  • Non-residents of Muskoka pay a yearly fee of $25 per individual and $35 per family to borrow library materials.
  • Adult children of Muskoka residents (21 years of age or older) who are visiting the area or who are staying at their parent's cottage for the summer are considered to be non-residents.


  • Students who do not live in the Town of Gravenhurst but who attend school within Town boundaries do not have to pay the non-resident fee. A current student card is required.

Working in the Town?

  • If you work in the Town of Gravenhurst you do not have to pay the non-resident fee. Proof of employment is required.

Contact Us