Temporary Vendors, Transient Traders & Events

food served from a refreshment vehicle

The Legislative Services Department facilitates the licencing process for Temporary Vendors and Transient Traders, in accordance with By-law 2020-52. Business or event operators can acquire their licence by applying online, or by contacting the Legislative Services staff at 705-687-3412. 

The licencing period is specific to the dates and times of business operation.

Online Application

Temporary Vendor or Transient Trader Licence Application

Documents Required for an Application

Legislative Services Documents
  • Written permission from property owner (if leased)
  • Copy of Driver's Licence
  • Copy of Business Name Registration
  • Certificate of Insurance (min. $2,000,000)
  • Health unit certificate or letter of approval

Fees & Charges


Gravenhurst Special Events

If you are the manager or operator of a special event in Gravenhurst, you may require a temporary vendor licence. A licence is required if your event has any goods, merchandise, food & beverage, or other types of business-related vendors on-site.

For further information or clarification please call the Legislative Services Department at 705-687-3412.

Contact Us