Report a Problem

To help keep Gravenhurst safe and clean, the Town encourages residents to report problems related to roadways, parking and a wide variety of other municipal issues.


How to Report a Problem

 Call 705-687-3412 to report a problem during our regular business hours.

When reporting a problem please provide:

Description of the problem

  • Location of problem (street/road address, or distance from a well-known landmark)
  • Photo(s), if available
  • Your contact information

How to Submit a Claim

Damage Claims

If a person is looking to submit a claim for damages, he/she is required to submit the claim in writing to the Town. Prior to contacting the Town, you are required to contact your insurance company to report the incident. Once you have contacted your insurance company, submit your claim in writing and include the following information:

  • Contact information (name, address, phone number(s), email)
  • Insurance company and policy number
  • Day the damage occurred
  • Time of day the damage occurred
  • Location of the pothole that damaged the vehicle was on
  • A landmark to identify the location of the pothole
  • Description of incident
  • Direction travelled
  • Pictures of the damage incurred
  • Witness contact name and contact information, if any
  • Documentation substantiating the cost of repairs, if available


Send claim by mail or in person to: Town of Gravenhurst, Attention Legislative Services, 3-5 Pineridge Gate, Gravenhurst, ON. P1P 1Z3



Your information will then be forwarded to our insurance adjusters for review.


Please note: where roads meet the minimum maintenance standards as set out by the Ontario government, the Town of Gravenhurst has no obligation to process a claim

Report It Online

Animal Control, Building, Community Standards, Property Standards, and Zoning By-laws
 Online By-Law Complaint Form 
Landlord/Tenant Complaint Form
Roads, Cemeteries, Parks, Streetlights, Facilities, Invasive Species
 Online Public Works Complaint Form
General Concern or Issue 

Is there a concern, or issue that is not shown in the above choices that you would like to bring to our attention? For example, the name of your councillor, when will we re-open, meeting dates. 

Do not use this form for concerns related to Public Works (roads, signs, streetlights) or Animal Control, Building or Property concerns as it will delay the issue being addressed.

Online General Concern or Issue form

Contact Us