Skip to main content Skip to footer

Make a Claim

If a person is looking to submit a claim for damages, they are required to submit the claim in writing to the Town. Prior to contacting the Town, you are required to contact your insurance company to report the incident. Once you have contacted your insurance company, submit your claim in writing and include the following information:

  • Contact information (name, address, phone number(s), email)
  • Insurance company and policy number
  • Day the damage occurred
  • Time of day the damage occurred
  • Location of the pothole that damaged the vehicle was on
  • A landmark to identify the location of the pothole
  • Description of incident
  • Direction travelled
  • Pictures of the damage incurred
  • Witness contact name and contact information, if any
  • Documentation substantiating the cost of repairs, if available

Send claim by mail or in person to: Town of Gravenhurst, Attention Legislative Services, 3-5 Pineridge Gate, Gravenhurst, ON. P1P 1Z3


Your information will then be forwarded to our insurance adjusters for review.

Please note: where roads meet the minimum maintenance standards as set out by the Ontario government, the Town of Gravenhurst has no obligation to process a claim.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.