Skip to main content Skip to footer

Mayor and Council

Gravenhurst Council consists of the Mayor and eight Councillors. Your Council members serve for a four-year term with the Mayor and three District Councillors elected by all voters in Gravenhurst. The remaining five Council members are elected by voters within their specific wards.

Council Meetings

Meetings are open to the public and take place at Town Hall 3-5 Pineridge Gate. Agendas and Minutes are available Online.

Provincial legislation requires that municipalities establish a code of conduct for members of the Council and local boards.

The Council Code of Conduct and Municipal Conflict of Interest Act is overseen by the Town appointed independent Integrity Commissioner, Suzanne Craig, who is responsible to:

  • Provide information and direction to Council and Committee members on the Code and Act.
  • Coordinate education and procedural training on the policies, Code and Act to Council, staff, and members of the community.
  • Conduct investigations and providing reports on alleged breaches of the Code and Act
  • Provide annual reports to Council on any requests of the Integrity Commissioner.
  • The Integrity Commissioner has authority under the Municipal Act.


Contact information

Any person who has reasonable grounds to believe that a Member has breached a provision of the Code or Act, may file a complaint with the Town’s Integrity Commissioner by any one of the following:

Suzanne Craig

(705) 687-3412, ext. 2262


Formal Complaint Process Affidavits:

Memorandum/Annual Reports

Below are memorandums prepared by the Integrity Commissioner providing information for Members of Council on their obligations under the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act and processes.

Investigative Reports

All members of Council, local boards and committees have an obligation to act honestly and responsibly when making decisions or giving advice on Council, board or committee matters. This obligation includes the disclosure of pecuniary interest.

A pecuniary interest refers to a situation where a member has a direct or indirect conflict related to a matter under consideration. A full explanation of direct and indirect pecuniary interests can be found in the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act.

The onus is on the member to determine whether they are affected by the pecuniary interest provisions. All members must submit their disclosures of pecuniary interest in writing to the Clerk immediately following the meeting during which they verbally disclose a pecuniary interest using the Disclosure of Pecuniary Interest Form.

Registries of the written disclosures of pecuniary interests are available below. 

Members of Council are frequently asked to attend events and activities in the community. Some of those activities include new business openings/ribbon cuttings, property owner association meetings, flag raisings and individual celebrations for special birthdays or anniversaries. Please complete and submit the Request Mayor and Council Form.

If you wish to speak before Council, please complete and return the Request for Deputation form. Be sure to check the guidelines in the request form. All deputations/delegations to Council must be in accordance with the Procedural By-law.

You have the option to conduct your deputation remotely through the Town's meeting software, EasyConf Connect. After registering for your deputation, please review the procedures below to prepare for your remote participation.

Electronic Participation in Council Meetings
Remote Procedure - Browser Access
 (if participating on your computer)
Remote Procedure - Mobile Access (if participating on your mobile device)

Committee of the Whole meetings

Council receives deputations/delegations at the Committee of the Whole meeting held on the third Tuesday of each month.

Helpful hint for your deputation

Speak with a member of staff first. Not all matters require a presentation to Council. If you are not sure, contact us to discuss first. Contact the Legislative Services Department

Council recognizes local residents by providing plaques for certain birthday (80th, 90th, 100th) or anniversary (50th, 60th, 75th) milestones. Congratulatory certificates may be provided for milestones occurring at intervals not identified above. Thirty (30) days' notice is required for plaques. Please complete and submit the Request Mayor and Council Form.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.