Skip to main content Skip to footer

Food Truck Licences

The Legislative Services Department facilitates the licensing process for Refreshment Vehicles, in accordance with By-law 2024-22. Refreshment vehicle operators can acquire their licence by applying online, or by contacting the Legislative Services staff at 705-687-3412, extension 8. 

The licensing period is from January 1st to December 31st, each calendar year.

The Legislative Services Department is experiencing an issue with its online Short-term Rental Licence application and its online Refreshment Vehicle Licence application.

If you are interested in filling out either application, please contact the department first.

Call 705-687-3412, ext. 8.

Refreshment Vehicle Licence Application

* If you are looking operating in a Public Park, Please fill out our Expression of Interest form before submitting a licence Application

As per section 4.1 b) of the By-law, each refreshment vehicle must pass a Gravenhurst Fire Department inspection. You may book your inspection here: Gravenhurst Fire Department Inspection Booking Form

Legislative Services Documents
  • Written permission from property owner (if leased)
  • Copy of Driver's Licence
  • Copy of Business Name Registration
  • Picture of Refreshment Vehicle
  • Copy of Vehicle Registration
  • Certificate of Insurance (min. $5,000,000)
  • Health unit certificate or letter of approval
Fire Department Documents
  • Certificate of propane inspection (if applicable)
  • Certificate of TSSA annual inspection
  • Certificate of fire suppression system/portable extinguisher (if applicable)
  • Certificate of hydro inspection (if applicable)
  • Fire safety plan

Refreshment Vehicle Licence Fee: $200.00 

This Fee Includes:

  • Fire Department Inspection Fee ($125.00)
  • Application for Licence Fee ($75.00)

Gravenhurst is looking to expand opportunities for small business owners by creating a program to allow Food Trucks or Carts to operate in Municipally designated park. In this pilot program, interested trucks and food providers can apply to book a spot in Gull Lake Rotary Park, Muskoka Bay Park or at the Gravenhurst Centennial Centre.
Bookings will be available from May - October, with no extra charge beyond the licensing fee. 

Please note that if there is an event that closes the entire park, your refreshment vehicle will not be able to operate. Please monitor our Event Calendar to be aware of Park Events. Please reach out to Legislative Department or Economic Development Division for any questions.

If you are interested, before submitting a Licence Application please fill out our Expression Of Interest Form so we can help you find the right spot!

As per 'Schedule A' of the By-law, the following park spaces are available for operation. These spaces must be booked with Legislative Services for two-week periods:

Gull Lake Rotary Park

405 Brock Street, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1H4

The Golden Nugget BBQ is operating out of Spot 1 for the 2023 season.

The Creative Plate Eatery is operating out of Spot 2 for the 2023 season. 

Gull Lake has two operational spots as you can see below, highlighted in blue. Both spots are no longer available for the 2023 Summer season.

Gull Lake Park trucks spots

GULL LAKE ROTARY PARK (Gravenhurst) - 2023 What to Know BEFORE You Go

Centennial Centre

101 Centennial Drive, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1B7

Centennial Drive has two operational spots as you can see below, highlighted in Blue. Both are still available for the 2023 Season.

Centennial centre trucks spots

Project Profile: Steel adds to the beauty of Gravenhurst… | CSSBI

Muskoka Bay Park

700 Muskoka Road 169, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1R2

Tiki Taka Muskoka is operating out of the only spot for the 2023 season.

Muskoka Bay Park has one operational spot as you can see below, highlighted in Blue. This spot is no longer available for the 2023 season.

Muskoka bay park truck spot

Parks & Playgrounds - Town of Gravenhurst

Yes, all refreshment vehicles operating in one of our special events must apply for an annual licence and pay the applicable fees.

Your licence is valid for the calendar year, and our public park space is available to be booked for a period of two weeks. To book your space, please call the Legislative Services Department at 705-687-3412, extension 8.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.